
Santa in the 4th of July parade

The beach we went to today (about a 5 min drive from the apartment)

The moose and her baby after we got the camera out...

Our sweet beach buns....we love them sooooo much!!!!
Things are going along well this week. A big shout out to Jodi for her birthday Wednesday and to my mom for hers on Thursday! Miss you—wish we were there to share some cake!
William has seen just a few patients the last 2 days because they are busy doing more paperwork and even fingerprinting, oh, and a bit of touring town to meet the local natives and eat their smoked salmon (ie squaw candy)…yip, Dentistry is not so monotonous when you get out of the office most of the day
He is already drumming up fishing trips through work folks—hope he catches one soon.
We got our drivers licenses last week and here you have to do a written exam—that’s right…it’s been a long time since I took that…I think I was 14—so I had to study the book for a few hours and of course it had questions that are so odd, like how far do you park from a fire hydrant? Anyway, we passed and are official Alaska drivers…watch out moose!
We also, had a momma moose and baby moose in our back yard a few days ago. That was pretty exciting since we’re new here.
Here’s an example of how small town things are…
A lady I met at church didn’t have my phone # and wanted to call me today, so she called my realtor to get in touch with me, who then called me and gave me the message and phone #. Complicated to read, but just very personal service. The lady from church wanted to get me in touch with a girl who wanted to invite us to a play group… Henceforth, this afternoon, we joined a new playgroup. Which by the way is organized through community funding at which they also have storytime and include a snack and drink for the children. Pretty good fun!
So, I met a few new moms which were all really nice.
Well, just getting settled and thinking especially of the birthday girls and both my grans that are on opposite sides of the world from eachother and mean the world to me!!!!
Lots of love coming your way.
The repartment (as Julia calls it) gypsies…
4 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated! Kingston loved getting to talk to Julia and was excited to see her and John on the computer!
Hope you and the kids are settling in well. Have you started working on your pilot's license yet?
I prefer 767's to those little 2 seater planes...I think I might hurl if I was in one and hit turbulance!!
Louise! I love your blog. I love keeping up with you guys this way. Colt LOVES seeing John on here He talks about him all the time. It looks like you are having so much fun learning about your new home. :)
Post a Comment