Friday, July 17, 2009

Bye Bye Winnie

That's right. We parted ways today. Her new owners name is 'Red'. A nice retired man from New Mexico, that comes here to fish in the summers. He needed a motorhome to stay in during his visits each year instead of renting one like he has been this summer.
Ole Winnie got us such a long way thanks to my dad and William's hard work getting her prepared for the journey.
This week is sheer madness in the Kenai peninsula. The red salmon have arrived and so have all the folks from the rest of the state. The streets are bumper to bumper and Fred Myer is coated in Rv's.
William has caught his limit each day. So our home is overflowing with salmon. My new friend Kristen spotted a food saver at a garage sale for us today. So now that we bought the most expensive part (the bags) we can fire it up and see how well it preserves.
Of course I did my share of garage saling today as well...Found John his first pair of Carhart pants for a quarter, a set of Christmas dishes/bowls/mugs for $2, two little decorative turkeys for thanksgiving...okay, I am nesting.
Last night we borrowed Allison and Phil's Suburban to go into Anchorage and pick up our new dining room table I found on craigslist. William was a very good sport about it even though he was missing valuable fishing time. It is a bit of a risk to drive 3 hours to pick up something like that, but we were pleasantly at peace when we saw the table. Our first lil piece of furniture--and it makes it feel more like a home.
The only other thing we have purchased here other than the Subaru is a new vacumn cleaner. I was so excited until the brush bar stopped working in the first 10 minutes. Luckily Lowes was happy to exchange it for me. They had already price matched with another store and taken an extra 10% off when I bought it and so i was glad they didn't give me any hassles when I brought said lemon back.
Oh, I know this a boring post. I am avoiding making 3 peanut butter pies and some cookies for a get together honoring Williams arrival tomorrow afternoon. Not so much making them it's locating the Kitchen Aid.
Well, I will go since you are all asleep from this. Thinking of you!!!-Lou

3 comments:

Amy Ogles said...

I'm glad to hear that yall are doing well. Aren't garage sales great!

WanderingLili said...

WOW! What are you going to do with all that fish!I'm sure you'll figure it out! =) Miss you BUNCHES!!! and I'm glad you guys made it safely. Yay for the Winnie finding a good new home!

Susan said...

Dad wants to know what kind of berries you will be picking?