Saturday, July 25, 2009

Come see us




Well, unfortunately William has declined the votes to make the princess bed! So, I tried to find some twin over full bunk beds that are a bit less complicated. The one above is for sale at Costco in Anchorage and I love the color the wood is stained. He says this is more appropriate for him to build. So, we'll see. As those winter months creep upon us and there are less fish to catch Julia might have a bunk bed like this one in the works.




Update on our date... We did go fishing and it was tons of fun. I didn't catch my own salmon, but when William snagged one he let me reel her in.
One of the most beautiful parts was watching the seagulls chase a bald eagle on and off for about 30 minutes. It was a beautiful evening and the setting standing hip deep in the Kenai river amongst all that nature was very refreshing!



Since I haven't been very good about remembering my camera lately, I pulled some stock photos off google of things you can easily see in our neck of the woods.
It is really a pretty place to be and we feel blessed to be able to experience it.



This is something we see daily and what we look out for on the roads instead of deer. It is one of those places where you can't feel guilty if you have a huge SUV, you feel more like you are trying to protect your family in case you have a run in with a big moose.

Well, we'd love to have visitors...so start planning a trip and we'll grill you up some salmon (and hopefully soon halibut and moose burgers)

No comments: