Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The fishies that didn't get away...




Here they are Willies first Alaskan caught fresh red salmon.
We are sooooo proud of him!




Yum...we could only eat about a fourth of one of the fishes before we were all full.




Daddies little helper.


We have many more pics from the past week but these are the most important ones...soon to come ones of us clamming and just enjoying the Alaskan summer.

William's first week of work went well and here we are already on week 2. He said he did a full mouth extraction today where the teeth literally went flying into his assistant's hair--So gross--he said she washed it quickly afterwords. I can't imagine and much prefer cleaning the teeth to his icky job!

Julia and John have done very well adapting to their new home. They LOVE all the parks in town and being close to the beach. Julia has been working on casting and thinks she is ready for a hook on her fishing pole. We say NO to that one, but she has got a pretty awesome cast for a 4 yr old.

I have been primarily William's taxi lately and have been getting very familiar with the different parts of town. Our apartment is really centrally located and pretty big. We still have no furniture - fishing has been our main focus. This week ahead is apparently THE WEEK where you can just throw your line in and fish just dive on. We'll see--we aren't legal to dipnet this year, but next year that will be tons of fun.

Well, we miss all those friends and family back home and I feel like we missed Steven's Bday, but I hope not. And a special shout out to my cousing Ricky for his coming up this week. Thinking of Larry on Wednesday!! Our love,
the fishing like crazy family!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

If by Steven you mean My Steven, his bday is August 13th. If not ignore me :) Love you guys and btw those are some big fish!!

loui said...

Yip=I was wondering about your Steven since I can't find my bday calender

Hope said...

All went well today with Larry, it took Dr Ransom about 2 min to remove the wire and Larry was able to keep it...so excited to show everybody!! Love you all

loui said...

So glad Larry did well. We can't imagine how you two handle having twins--you're amazing!!!

Susan said...

I vote for William building the Castle Bed. Wow! what a bed. I love it. Mom