
Preserving for hard times....okay we're there and it's been tasting pretty good. The last time we put a brown sugar soy and terriaki marinade on--yum!

John's new bargin trike.

Julia's little 5c toys from a yard sale--the Wizard obsesseion continues.
We have been enjoying a peaceful rainy day. It has just been drizzling and there's a bit of a chill in the air. Hope winter isn't already starting!
We made it to church this morning and I met a hygienist in the area who will keep my informed if she hears of anyone needed one once I get my Alaska License.
This afternoon we vacumn sealed some salmon and I went to pick up a radio flyer trike i found for John on craigslist. The little ones rode it around the livingroom since it was rainy--joys of having no furniture!
Then we all took naps and just woke up.
Yesterday we went to Nancy (the office manager at Willie's work) and Steve's home for a little welcome to the area party for William.
It was so much fun and one of the ladies brought face paints for the kids. And even a few adults got in on that action (okay--I left with Hello Kitty on my cheek).
It was nice to feel welcomed and surrounded by nice folks.
Now that we're up I am sure William is about to head to the river for his limit. And to answewr Lili's question. We are going to store it away for the long long winter and eat on it til next summer. I put a post out on freecycle for a pressure cooker--so maybe we can can some of it soon as well to make dips and croquettes, etc.
One day we want to get a smoker so we can smoke some too.
Think little miss J will go to VBS this week. She's excited.
Well, thinking of you all--
the sleepy Sundays
1 comment:
Just caught up on the blog. You are so good with the yard sale finds! Glad you are looking making it to church and hope Julia enjoys VBS. Sounds like you are already making some great friends. Miss you bunches!
Post a Comment