Monday, April 26, 2010

still here

We are still here, we've just been adjusting to spring in Alaska. Daylight from 5am sunset at 11pm and high of 40F. We got a boat a few weeks ago and took it out of Seward last weekend for its maiden voyage. Julia and puppy Wilson both got seasick. The boat went well and the seas were relatively calm, so it made for a fun trip out. We had some porpoises swim along side us and we also saw quite a few sea otters.
The snow is starting to thaw and it is pretty muddy now. John got stuck in the front yard and I got stuck trying to get him out the other morning. We both just had to pull our feet out of our boots and go back inside for more boots. I have learned that you need multiple boots and coats!
Julia is nearly out of Pre K and we have no set activites planned for summer. I have a feeling the summer will be much like last--full of fishing and playing at the many different playgrounds around town. Little farmers markets get started soon and all the RV's start meandering their way in from other parts of Alaska and the lower 48.
The community is huge in the summer compared to the rest of the year due to tourism.
I could easily adjust to life in Alaska if it was just for the summers.

1 comment:

Amy Ogles said...

How fun! I wish we could come see you all. I'm sure airfare isn't too cheap though. Sounds like a completely different world up there.