Wow, I haven't blogged on here for so long.
The children are growing up way too fast and we just went to our second parent teacher conference tonight. Julia is more than half way through kindergarden and is just as bubbly and energetic as ever. Her and I had a mother daughter date this morning. We had her precious little nails painted at a nail salon and then ate breakfast together at the airport dinner. We watched tiny little planes take off and land for an hour while she got syrup and egg yolk in her hair. I just look at her amazed that she is nearly 6 yrs old.
After breakfast we walked around Wal Mart and she thought she wanted to get her ears pierced but after talking to the jewelry lady she turned all shades of blue and asked if we could go now almost breathless. I reassured her that she never has to have her ears pierced and can do it if and when she decides the time is right.
Well, our winter has been full of snow and darkness, but we are begining to gain light at a rate of 5 minutes a day :). We shovel our driveway nearly daily. John asks pretty much everyday when the snow will be gone. He is ready for summer!
We have spent a lot of the winter working on "Judy"(the house) We tiled most of the downstairs, entryway and upstairs bathroom and have a whole new appreciation for tile floors and the work behind putting them in.
We are excited about the upcoming summer and looking forward to lots of company!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey sweet friend! I was just thinking about you the other day and wanted to catch up with you. Miss you and your little family and we are starting to talk about our next vacation and the topic of Alaska came up (HUNTING of course) and I thought I might touch base with you to see what you might think about a visit. Can you e-mail me your contact info.
Post a Comment