Saturday, November 22, 2008

Warmth and Bread

Well, it is cold this week and have done a lot of staying/playing indoors. The little ones have played really well together which has been great. I have been making lots of homeade bread (all different kinds). That has been keeping us cozy and lots of soup too. I am trying a new bread this afternoon and I will let ya know how it turns out...it has sunflower seed and flax seed in it--it sounded really good, but I like nutty bread. I have never had a bread machine and I think I would feel like I was missing out of some of the enjoyment of making each loaf?



Little miss giving me a big "CHEESE". The years fly by so quickly.






Little man likes to get right in front of the lense for his "CHEESE"
They make me really happy!
The husband is taking his 2nd set of written exams next week--so please say a little prayer.

4 comments:

Barber's Blog said...

I love the Santa picture!
I'm with you on making bread. There's something to kneading out your own bread!

Sarah :) said...

Homemade bread is next on my to-do list right after making me a crocheting bag half as cute as Steph's. You'll have to give me some of your recipes. And how about a WOW to your kids looking all grownup. I can't believe how big they are getting. Enjoy the warmeth of you home. See you soon!

WanderingLili said...

Never maid my own bread. Had a machine in college that did it for me if I would jus start the darn thing up... which I think I did once maybe twice. Then I sold it in a yard sale. I think I would enjoy making it byhand though. Plus it makes your whole house smell WONDERFUL!!!

Oh and I completely agree with Sarah about the wee ones. Not so wee anymore. More like young Lady and Big Little Man!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

i miss you. we need to craft together. i finally got my hands on some wonder-under (sp?) hope you guys are having a good holiday season..my jam didn't jell, don't know if I ever told you that:)